Eligibility REU awards are made on the basis of students’ strong potential and motivation to perform research in Transportation Electrification, academic preparation in their area of interest, letters of recommendations, and interest in interacting with diverse mentors and peers in interdisciplinary research of sustainable transportation systems.
- Students should have declared engineering major (e.g., electrical, computer, mechanical, transportation, aerospace, chemical, civil and environmental, among others).
- Students should have a minimum GPA of 3.20/4.00. (Motivated students without the recommended GPA may apply but such applications will only be considered if special mitigating circumstances exist.)
- Only U.S. citizens and permanent residents are eligible to participate.
- Women and students from underrepresented minority groups are encouraged to apply.
- Students from all institutions nationwide, including the University of Maryland, are welcome to apply.
- Students from colleges and universities with limited research facilities, including tribal colleges and universities and community colleges, are strongly encouraged to apply.
Note: This program is funded by the National Science Foundation, a federal agency. Only U.S. citizens and permanent residents are eligible to apply and to participate.